Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Richard Fucking Simmons/Chas & Jason/The Limited Time Only Band



Here's some recording I have made in the last year with 3 different groups. The first track is a band that was called RICHARD FUCKING SIMMONS. We used a different name for each gig. We were (are) a good time party music band doing lots of covers like THE RIVINGTONS, PRINCE, STEVIE WONDER, BEATLES, THE SONICS, DEAD KENNEDYS, you get the idea. We have an amusing recording from a party at PER's house in August where we made it through about a 30 seconds of "Boogie On Reggae Woman" before the cops came and told the band to move inside.(Persons in group are GREG McGOWAN-guitar/GLEN DUBOUIS-bass/JASON DEAN-drums/CHAS-vocals).Boogie on Camden Police- Richard Fucking Simmons
The next track was recorded at a bar in BELFAST, MAINE last august as well. I used to host an open mic at this bar once a month. Basically it would just be me up there on the stage most of the night beatboxing or doing some other improvisational material. Usually my friend JASON DEAN (who plays drums for most of my band projects) would show up and we'd do our little voice and drum act. We had a friendly crowd that night. We start this with a doo wop inspired improv and move into an extreme version of a tune I wrote a long time ago called "I'm Gonna Devastate You".
(persons on stage JASON DEAN-drums/CHAS-vocals) (8.2 MB file) DooWop Improv/GonnaDEVASTATEyou- JASON&CHAS
LIMTED TIME ONLY BAND recorded live from an FM RADIO BROADCAST in December 2004. It's a song I wrote that very deliberatly has no understandable lyrics. The radio station was WRFR-LP FM 93.3/99.3 ROCKLAND MAINE. I suppose I should mention that I do a radio show every thursday evening from 5pm-8pm (EASTERN TIME) and you can stream it at WRFR.ORG (persons in group: OWEN CARTWRIGHT-guitar/CLINT HARTZELL-bass,electronics/ROTH MICHEALS-keyboards,vibraphone/JASON DEAN-drums/CHAS-vocals) LET ME KNOW IF YOU DIG THESE TUNES. (6.2 MB file)Untitled- THE LIMITED TIME ONLY BAND

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home