Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Impracticle Cockpit



Impracticle Cockpit is a great band. Sure to please fans of dense chaotic poetic challenging type songs. Whenever I hear this band I feel glad that someone has the balls to play this stuff. They are from New Orleans. They still exhist, as far as I know. This record was given to me by the band as a gift. You see, back in 2003, I was in a Frank Zappa cover band and we played a double bill with these guys at a bar in BELFAST, MAINE called LOGOS. LOGOS is no longer in business. They sounded very different at this gig, because their drummer had busted his leg while on tour. He was using one of those old fashioned push button drum machines instead. He kept complaining about it, but I thought it was pretty cool that he would do that. If you listen to the drums on the record, you can hear a DRUMBO influence (DRUMBO was Captain Beefheart's drummer). I don't know how to find these guys, (they don't seem to use the internet to promote themselves), but you may have heard of them. I recorded them when they did the show at LOGOS with us, but it will take some effort for me to locate that recording. I promise I will post that when I find it. They stayed at my apartment after the show, and I really enjoyed having them. I think the words SOUL BROTHERS (& SISTER)apply here.
Apples And Oranges- IMPRACTICLE COCKPIT [FLAC]
Appliances- IMPRACTICLE COCKPIT [FLAC]
{Re-Uploaded August 21, 2012}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home